Thursday, October 20, 2016

Foster an Author Thursday post Guest post with Joleene and Jorrick


Today I've got even more fun! We are being visited by Jorrick and Joleene. They are discussing the book.
If you don't know, Jorrick is the sexy protector in book 1 Shades of Gray. And of course, Joleene is the author. Let's listen to their back and forth about the story.


Jorick: Hello. It appears my author is sending me on yet another blog because she’s too lazy to come up with something herself. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jorick and I’m a helpless victim in Joleene Naylor’s Amaranthine series. She’s been abusing me for eight books (nine if you count the brand new prequel). How much can one vampire take before he snaps? How many times can I be irritated by an idiot, thwarted by some ridiculous twist or lose someone I love before it’s too much and I go over the edge?
That was a rhetorical question. *takes a deep breath* To be fair to my menace of an author, she’s gotten a little better. She hasn’t tried to kill my mate, Katelina, for at least one book. Though no doubt she has something spectacular planned for the next novel. And of course there will be another one because she can’t just let us be in peace. No! That would be too easy!
*Jo cuts in.* Ahem. I hate to interrupt your rant, but would you rather I just leave your story hanging? Masque of the Vampire was a good book, but there’s some unresolved issues.
Jorick: It’s hardly unresolved. We could just go home, end of story.
Jo: *snickers* Hardly. Look, I don’t want to give spoilers, but you know Katelina won’t let you just leave things as they are. Besides, you have that little problem of two extremely powerful ancient vampires who are likely to destroy the world.
Jorick: It’s not my responsibility. I’ve been the head of the vampire-world-defense league long enough. Someone else can do it.
Jo: You’ve never been the head of anything, let alone a world-defense league. Everything you’ve done, you’ve done because you’re nosey and you can’t stand to see someone messing it up. Someone starts a war, and they make a muck up of it, and you run in and sort it out, all while grumbling that you have no choice.
Jorick: You’re the one who forces me into those situations, to “keep things interesting”. I’m not the one who scrolls through the manuscript and says, “Gee, it really needs some violence here. Who can we kill and how can we kill them?”
Jo: Of course not, because that would mean you were involved in the story, rather than just along for the ride.
Jorick: Ride? More like a nightmare trip from hell! And that redheaded idiot is the leader of the arch demons!
Jo: Are you talking about Verchiel? Arch demon is pretty harsh.
Jorick: You’re right, it’s too much for him. He’s more like a toe biting minion. If you have to keep torturing Katelina and I, the least you could do is kill the redheaded idiot. You want me to participate? I’ll set the scene for you. The sky is dark and strewn with diamond stars. The sandy beach stretches into the distance and the dark ocean rolls in and out, the waves playing a rhythmic night symphony. Suddenly, from the shadows leaps a furious vampire. His dark eyes blaze and his heroic muscles bulge as he leaps on his red-haired prey and knocks him to the ground. With a single swift motion he-
Jo: Whoa, wait a minute. First of all, we are NOT killing Verchiel. Second of all – Heroic muscles? If I wrote that I’d be laughed out of the book business.
Jorick: I’ve read your…work. Heroic muscles is an improvement. And why can’t we kill him? He serves no purpose except to irritate me, harass Katelina, and try to create the hint of a love triangle, which we clearly don’t need. Katelina and I are perfectly happy together and he is nothing more than in irritant!
Jo: And there’s the truth. You’re jealous! You’re afraid he’s going to get his triangle. You know, I actually thought about that.
Jorick: WHAT?!
Jo: *shrugs* It was a passing thought. You’d be surprised how many interesting ideas I have that I don’t do anything with. Like a Katelina/Kateesha scene I abandoned. That’s really the hard part of being the author. Everything you write is canon. It’s not like some fanfic writer who can do outlandish things and then walk away, no harm done.
Jorick: Then why don’t you go write fanfic and leave us alone?
Jo: I’ve thought about it. Not leaving you alone, but writing my own fanfics. I could post them under a fake name and have all kinds of fun. Think of all the things we could do! I could kill you one by one and have no repercussions! I could send Katelina on a wild weekend with Micah-
 Jorick: WHAT? Are you insane? She would never-
Jo: Hello! That’s the point of fan fiction. Never mind. I have too many things to do to listen to you complain. I just stopped in to say hello to the awesome readers of Paranormal Tendencies and thank Mindy for fostering me this week, and doing such an awesome job. I should also thank her for putting up with you.
Jorick: You should thank her for putting up with you and your inane idea of a guest post. This was really the best you could do?
Jo: *waves her magic writer’s wand* *Jorick disappears* Goodbye Jorick! Thanks for playing! As I was saying, thanks so much for having us over today. Sorry that Jorick complained so much, but you know how he is. He wouldn’t be happy if I stabbed him in the heart with a new stake!
If you’d like to learn more about Jorick, Verchiel and the rest of the chaotic cast you can check out my blog at http://JoleeneNaylor.wordpress.com or my website at http://JoleeneNaylor.com  and if you’d like to read Jorick’s latest adventure (which is only half as torturous as he claims) you can pick it up on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Smashwords, and other ebook retailors, or in paperback.


Aren't they a hoot? I think we should have more of them on Tomorrow. I think we will! Come back for more as I chat with Jorrick, Katelina and Joleene. :)

To read sample chapters and more, visit Joleene's website!
http://www.JoleeneNaylor.com

1 comment: