Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Foster an author Tuesday post: My review of Shades of Gray by Joleene Naylor

Hello again! It's day two of foster an author week and today I'm sharing my review of Shades of Gray by Joleen Naylor. Shades of Gray is book 1 in her Amaranthine series and it's free. I'll post the link under the cover image so you can snag your copy and enjoy the start to this awesome series!

Shades of Gray
By Joleene Naylor
Book 1 of the Amaranthine series



When Patrick is murdered, Katelina is left with questions. Jorick, one of his so-called friends, has answers of the darkest kind: Patrick was involved with – and betrayed – a coven of vampires; vampires that may now be after Katelina.

The tale is fantastic, but the proof appears in a flash of fangs that Katelina and Jorick only just escape. Taken to a secret mansion, she discovers horror in its halls and learns the truth about her protector. Blood and destruction follow, and leave scars Katelina may never heal from.

The disturbing opener to the Amaranthine series pulls Katelina into darkness that tastes like fear and smells like blood, a world where night is eternal and vampires don’t sparkle.


 
 
 
My Review
I have had the pleasure of reading the first book in this series (which is free!!) and it is pretty amazing! Her series is about vampires, but make no mistake, these vamps don't sparkle! The story is filled with terror, gruesome scenes of carnage and some pretty horrifying characters. It all starts with a bloody murder scene. Katelina is thinking back to when she found her boyfriend Patrick's body. Then a mysterious phone call that leads to a series of events that change her life forever. Now she is on the run with Jorrick who has sworn to protect her, but he may turn out to be more than human.
I won’t lie. I do enjoy reading about the sparkly vampires. But I also like reading about the scary ones. And in this world, the vamps are truly terrifying. I found myself getting so caught up in Katelina’s story that at times I found myself breathless. When your heart rate spikes in fear for a fictional character, I think that author has done their job well!
I give Shades of Gray 5 stars!

About Joleene Naylor
Joleene Naylor is the author of the glitter-less Amaranthine series, a world where vampires aren't for children. As a compliment to the novel series, she has also written several short stories, including the Vampire Morsels collection, and the Amaranthine Handbook.

In what little time is left she watches anime and updates her blogs, all from a crooked Victorian house in Villisca, Iowa. Between her husband and her pets, she is never lonely, and should she ever disappear one might look for her on a beach in Tahiti, sipping a tropical drink and wearing a disguise. 
 
To read sample chapters and more, visit my website!
http://www.JoleeneNaylor.com
Find me on Facebook
Twitter
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment